Wednesday, January 7, 2009

victories of last year


in my yoga class, the teacher asked to think about last year's victories.
i guess we forget to think about the great events that surround us, we especially forget to think about them as victories.
1. got through another year of graduate school
2. survived dagny's 7th/8th grade
3. went back to georgia after the august war
4. made 48 hour film
5. presented at the first linguistic conference
6. blue plate business has been great
7. went to african continent

i got my hair done with emmaly today. it is so nice to be in touch with high school friends. there is something very special when the friendships have began at such a young age...

after picking a color for dagny's room yet another time (she seems to want to re paint it every 6 months), we went to dinner at spaghetti factory. it was their anniversary, so everything was $2.00. curt came with us, john and him had been having drinks. in fact they were both fucked up. it was funny. dagny drew pictures of them, its john and curt about to make out.

another victory: i feel closer to john and to dagny than a year before. i feel closer to some dear friends, like curt.

just got a call from girls, the voices in my head are telling me:
"... must have beer..."
would that be taking care of my body because of satisfying my desire for thirst or mind satisfying it by the ingenious conversation between coley , sof and i or perhaps the spirit for giving me the strength to get up and leave my writing session?